Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kansas: Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops

Being a lover of the outdoors, I had to visit Kansas' outdoor retail stores. After checking out the Kansas City, KS - Cabela's, I would have to say I like my Lehi, UT - Cabela's better (sorry Kansas). However, I was impressed with the three, mule deer statue at the Kansas Cabela's store. The Bass Pro Shops store in Olathe, Kansas was my first time in a Bass Pro Shops. We ate at the Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant. If there is going to be a 'next time' eating there, I'll order the venison stuffed mushrooms again, but will take a pass on the alligator. [Photographs: 1st set = Cabela's, 2nd set = Bass Pro Shops.]




Taxidermic version of the statue.




















The Alaskan Yeti is not phased by bears.






Rascally raccoon.

No comments: