Sunday, May 9, 2010

ART

We made time to visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. I greatly enjoyed the sculptures at both museums. I've included photographs of art done by some of my favorite artists and artwork I found interesting.








Claes Oldenburg & Coosje van Bruggen - Shuttlecocks, 1994.


Henry Moore - Reclining Figure: Hand, 1979.












Claude Monet - Water Lilies, ca. 1916-1926.




Louise Bourgeois - Spider, 1996.


Tom Otterness - Crying Giant, 2002.


N. Keith Jacobshagen - Dog Days (Platte Valley), 1989.


Dale Chihuly - Campiello del Remer, 1996.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Shorty
Can I have your permission to use your image of the Tom Otterness Crying Giant in a catalogue for the Hunterian Art Gallery, University of Glasgow? We are being given a maquette for this work and it would be gret to show the monumnetal version for comparison.

With best wishes,
Peter Black