Saturday, June 19, 2010

Japan - Narita Airport to Utsunomiya

The flight to Narita Airport, Japan was very long, ~12-hours. During the flight, I watched The Book of Eli, New Moon, Avatar, and Dear John; all of these movies were new to me, with the exception of Avatar, so they were very entertaining. After arriving and with the help of Fujie-san from the firm, I was on my way to Utsunomiya via bus. The bus ride was 3-hours long, ugh. My hotel for the week was the Richmond Hotel Utsunomiya Ekimae, which was very nice. Check-in was very strange; after confirmation of who you are, they give you the hotel room card, which you place into a machine to pay for two nights. After two nights you return to the pay-machine to pay for additional nights. The room had many instruction signs, as you can see below.


Richmond Hotel Utsunomiya Ekimae.



The remotes for the TV with instruction cards.

Instructions for the toilet.

HAHAHA, the toilet had a bidet! I am currently in my third hotel in Japan and my toilet doesn't have a heated seat; I am so disappointed.

Everything is wrapped in individual little packages.

I don't know why I brought shampoo and conditioner; all the hotels seem to have these huge bottles.

More instructions...

I had to request a "comfort pillow", I think I had the "stone pillow".

No comments: