Sunday, June 20, 2010

Food in Toyama

I think I must love food, since I keep on blogging about it. Here is another entry about FOOD! Toyama is famous for masuzushi, which is salmon set atop a circular bed of rice six inches in diameter, wrapped in bamboo leaves, and steamed. I ate some at lunch and it was very, very tasty.

Masuzushi shop.

Wrapped masuzushi ready for purchase.

MASUZUSHI!!!

Bento box for lunch.

This is a very popular udon noodle restaurant in Toyama. They only make so much udon noodles per day and when they run out, they close. The place was packed and people were waiting to be seated.

I had never tried cold udon noodles before so I decided to order them, they were surprisingly good. If you know me, you know that I love nori (seaweed) and there was a good amount placed on top of the noodles! The small bowl to the left contained broth for dipping the noodles in and the lid contained wasabi and chopped green onions to be added to the broth.

Garden at the noodle restaurant.


Ok, after almost two weeks I broke down and had McDonalds! The fries were soooooo GOOD! They tasted just like they do back home.

Mom, this is kamaboko, can you believe it?! I thought it only came in loaves, lol.

No comments: