Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday in Ireland

On Saturday before we took the bus to Blarney, we visited the English Market and the Quay Market in Cork. The English Market is an indoor market with butcher, cheese, and produce stalls. The Quay Market is an outdoor market, sort of like a flea market.

The food in Ireland reminds me a lot of the good eats I had in Denmark; good meat, excellent cheese, and delicious desserts. I must admit, I might have come back to the U.S. a little heavier, eating well, working, and no time for serious exercise (I always pack my gym clothes, then feel guilty I wasted the luggage weight). Enjoy the photographs of the markets...


Hamburger = Steak Mince.


The cheese stalls made me miss our Harmons Cheesemonger, Shauna.



Tempting chocolate.



More cheese, it's EVERYWHERE!

No comments: