Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Albuquerque Aquarium & Rio Grande Botanic Garden

During my last Albuquerque trip I visited the aquarium and gardens; this time the hubby was along for sightseeing! I was excited because the Sasebo Japanese Garden was new and I hadn't see it since my last visit.


Ken messin' with a stingray.


Reminds me of a ghost with wide-set eyes.




I love little gobies!
Once I get my salt water tank, I'm gonna have a bunch of them!


Moray eels are creepy scary.


Jellyfish... love 'em!


This jellyfish looked like a neon, swimming cauliflower.


This is the best photograph we took of The Nose Fish (official name is unknown); he was super fast.


Strange fish that was in the shark aquarium; it was as large as a dog.

THE GARDENS:



Ceremonial Garden.


Inside the conservatory.


White calla lilies.


This pavilion looked to be make of dead cacti and dead, spiny rose bush limbs (not very kid friendly).


The Sasebo Japanese Garden.




The Japanese Garden has a large pond full of Koi.


I pretended to throw bread into the pond so that these wood ducks would come in close; HA, fooled them!

1 comment:

deadpool said...

Ken always has to molest the Stingrays!