Sunday, November 30, 2008

The First Sykes Thanksgiving in Bluffdale

This weekend marks the first Thanksgiving in our new place, and my (Ken's) first contribution to our blog. To this point Ginger has been doing all of the work documenting our adventures and displaying them for the world here, time for me to pull my weight I guess.

Ginger is a huge fan of turkey and even though it was just the two of us this year we decided to do it up right and make the pilgrims proud. We got a 10 lb hen and I roasted it up in the oven, I tried two new recipes for mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. The other staples of stuffing, roll and cranberry sauce were present as well.

We both have a lot to be thankful for, and we are glad that we have such great friends and family to share it with. Thanks for being a part of our lives.

1 comment:

deadpool said...

Viva la mashed potatoes!