Monday, July 13, 2009

Cody, WY

I am currently working in Cody, WY - named after the Colonel William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody in 1896. My hotel, AmericInn Lodge & Suites, has some wild decor (as you can see from the following photographs). I am hoping to go to the rodeo later this week and find myself a cow-girl hat to purchase; missing all of you back at home.

Statue: "September Morning" by Vic Payne 2008 at the hotel.

The Irma Hotel: located in the middle of town, this hotel was built by Buffalo Bill in 1902 and was named after his youngest daughter.

Today, we came across a master bootmaker, Mr. Scott Wayne Emmerich, of Falconhead. Falconhead boots sale from $500 to $50,000; some of the celebrities Falconhead has designed for include: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Billy Bob Thornton, Bruce Springsteen, Cameron Diaz, Johnny Cash, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, and many more. Yeah, I don't plan on spending all of my per diem (and some) at one place, so no boots for me.

1 comment:

Ira Burton said...

Wow, you were not kidding about the taxidermy! You could have stocked an entire zoo with all that wild life!