Sunday, January 27, 2008

Canada - Day 7

On Saturday, Kevin and I visited Niagara Falls - what an amazing site! Although the weather was cold and snowy, it was the mist from the falls that was truly chilling. Kevin's water proof jacket and my umbrella ended up being coated with a thin layer of ice and my wool-coat ended up being covered in small beads of ice. We were able to locate the information necessary to log an earth-geocache and a virtual-geocache; yahoo - my first Canadian caches! We warmed up, ate lunch, and bought souvenirs from the Niagara Hard Rock Cafe.

Horseshoe Falls of Niagara.
.
The viewing area railings were covered in ice.

Me and Kevin with Horseshoe Falls in the background.

A closer view of Horseshoe Falls.

That's me!!!! Do I look cold? (Thanks to Ken, I've been staying warm - see previous blog.)

The American Falls of Niagara.

Niagara Falls, Ontario - a view of the city.

A fluffy squirrel we spotted in the area - how cute.

This is the strange European Deli we saw in the Cambridge mall. I don't know if I have ever seen so many different kinds of sausage... The setup reminded me of a candy store, just this one was of the meat variety.

That's a-lot-o-meat!

We had fun that night at Caesar Martini's in Waterloo. The DJ played a decent mix of music and the food and drinks were great.

1 comment:

MotherPucker.ca said...

Congrats on your first Canadian geocache! :)